Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Princess potty mouth!



Ok, the fact that I have two older brothers makes it pretty easy to understand why I was a pretty big tomboy growing up. I could play football, baseball, basketball-- even badminton better than most of the boys in our neighborhood-- but my mom drew the line on me talking like a boy. I was never allowed to make "fart" jokes like the boys--and the one time I spit while on the baseball field I got a 20 minute lecture on being ladylike-- something that when I was 8 upset me greatly. Now, I'm pretty glad that she tried to make me somewhat of a lady, although I still can't bring myself to spit-- even in private! So given the fact that Chloe has no older brothers and really doesn't hang out with many boys, you can see why I was surprised when she started talking about poop ALL THE TIME! The first time I noticed it was a few weeks ago when she had two of her best friends over. These girls couldn't wait to put on princess dresses and play dress up and dance, but they had the most fun when they started talking about POOP! At first they would just take turns saying the word then all fall to the ground with hysterical laughter. I considered putting a stop to it, but was actually amazed by the entertainment this one word seemed to be providing them. Then it got ugly. They started this game, one would say "I'll put poop all over the yard" another would then say, "Well, I'll put poop all over the porch", and not to be outdone the third would say, "I'll put poop on the roof and the whole WORLD!" I finally decided I'd heard enough poop talk and asked them to please play a different game. Their little faces sank like I had just taken Santa Claus away. Luckily I had popsicles to ease their pain!
I guess I'm just so surprised because they always seem to be so girly, but deep down I guess everyone loves a good poop joke at some point in their life. Hopefully this fad will fade quickly! These little poop heads are growing up too fast! :-)
(click on picture to see larger image)











FYI, when I told Chloe the word poop was banned in our house her response was,
"Well, where will I go potty?"
Looks like she wins again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, their faces crack me up!