Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Signs

On the ride home from my parents house, we pass 2 very hardcore Southern Baptist churches. Or I should say, their signs. See, one of the churches is off a side road so they put their sign on the "big" road so people will actually see it. I have no problem with this, and often get a chuckle out of reading their "loving" sign that usually has sayings like, "Repent or Burn in Hell" or "Visitors Welcome, Members Expected" posted on it. I'm all for professing your love for the Lord and trying to bring others to hear His word, but I don't usually like the wording they choose for their signs. Tonight proved to be an exception. Micky and I picked the girls up from Grammy and Papa's after we finished working late, and the sign tonight read, "God accepts you as you are, but loves you too much to leave you that way."
I've ridden by that sign probably a million times in my life, and tonight was the first time I was glad I read it. I sometimes forget how much God loves me-- loves us I should say. So tonight I'm thanking the church down the road from my parents house for reminding me to thank God for loving me and for continuing to mold me into the person I'm meant to be-- even though I've done nothing to deserve it! What an Awesome God!

No comments: