Friday, July 25, 2008

Fun Fridays!





Today's Fun Friday post is about one of our all-time favorite movies. We like to think of it as a classic. The likes of which we will probably not witness again in our lifetime. One of the best comedic films of all-time, maybe even the best (not quite sure, but it's gotta be close!)... I'm talking about Dumb & Dumber.
Believe it or not, the first time I saw this movie at the theater I fell asleep. In my defense, it was a midnight showing, and anyone who knew me in high school may remember that no matter where I was at midnight I was falling asleep. I did not sleep through the whole movie. I was stirred awake by roaring laughter at the scene where Harry was using the bathroom that ended up not being able to flush and found myself laughing through my stupor of sleep. Micky and I have since watched this movie too many times to count, and we never get tired of the craziness. It can always make me laugh- and anything that can do that is AWESOME!
Micky and I will often pull out quotes from this movie while out and about, and gauge people on their coolness if they get it too! When we moved back to Columbia and started hanging out with Misty & Lee I knew we were going to be lifelong great friends when we were out one night and THEY started quoting lines from this great film! I almost choked on my Tom Collins I was so excited. What great friends!!!
So, if you're in the minority who hasn't seen this movie I highly recommend it. And if you're in the minority that thinks it's too silly to watch I say--- Get over yourself and loosen up a bit! Everyone needs a mindless laugh sometimes!!


oh, by the way, I've had to break Micky's heart and tell him that his next car can NOT be a duplicate of the "shaggin' wagon"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this...

Stephanie said...

Yeah, that John Denver's full of s**t! :-)