Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wishing...

My morning started off the same as most mornings do-- waking up to the sound of Clyde walking across the hardwoods in the great room to come stand by my side of the bed and shake all of his 72 pounds, thus waking me completely with the sound of his jowls flapping in the breeze. While this is always somewhat annoying, I very much prefer this to the smell that would awaken me if he didn't come to get me-- which would be piled up right in front of the back door-- as if to say, "If you'd get me a doggy door, I could've done this outside." Well Clyde, if we had a doggy door that you could fit through we'd be inviting every human under 6 feet and 170 pounds to enter and take what they'd like-- not to mention all the other beasts that could use it-- like bears or anaconda type snakes! So~ as I left my bedroom and entered the den, something large and sharp entered the heel of my left foot. And no matter what I tried I could not get it out! It stayed there all day until Micky got home and could surgically remove it-- and wouldn't you know, today was his late day and he didn't get home until after 7! So I spent the day limping, or what Chloe calls doing my "pirate walk". We're still not quite sure what it was-- not a splinter as I had thought-- luckily I'm up to date on my tetanus shot! Anyway-- back to the point-- my day didn't start off too well. Then, Mom called to see if she could take me and the girls to El Chico's for lunch! And seeing how I strongly believe that guacamole serves some type of medicinal purpose, I quickly accepted the invitation. As we were leaving El Chico, my day took a fantastic turn for the better-- thanks to a fountain and the sweetest 3 year-old I know! They have a small fountain in their entryway and Mom always gives Chloe a few coins to toss in as we leave. Well, today we could actually hear what she wished for and it went a little something like this.
She had several coins and each of these phrases was accompanied by her tossing in a coin.
C: "I wish I will always wuv my mommy, daddy, grammy, and my baby." toss
C: "And my Papa." toss
C: "My Tywer." toss, "Christy" toss, "Nano" toss, "My Nonnie" toss
Then she looked down to see she only had one left and said, "And I wish they wuv me too." Then she kissed that coin and tossed it in. I gave her a quick hug and she said, "Those are my best wishes."
It only took her about 30 seconds to do all that, but in that time I was able to picture her through all the stages of her life so far-- and all I could wish for is that time would SLOW down. She's growing up so fast, and she's just as sweet as she is beautiful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's all I can say. She is amazing, she must get it from her parents. :)