Friday, April 11, 2008

If Only I Could Bottle and Sell It...











Chloe's "bestest" friend Nina came over yesterday for a much overdue, and much needed, play date. As I've mentioned on here before, I love watching and listening to the two of them together. They are so smart and sweet-- I strongly believe they'll grow-up to be either doctors or Academy Award winning actresses! The drama these two exude is quite comical. You never knew how important it was to have the "right" Princess cup full of Cheez-its until one of them got the wrong one. Apparently Chloe was Sleeping Beauty yesterday and my Nina (which is how Chloe refers to her) was Cinderella. I'm the crazy lady who got them mixed up. What was I thinking?!? But don't worry, we quickly switched cups and I reminded them that a real princess doesn't fuss at the hired help for making a mistake :-)! They didn't think that was so funny. Anyway, the best part of the day for me was watching them play outside. They would run back and forth between the princess castle and the swing set rescuing each other. They took turns being in the castle yelling, "Help, please save me my dear Prince." With the other one responding, "Don't worry, I'm on my way!" This went on for a good 10 minutes and it never got old to watch, and they were completely committed to their characters each time! Their flair for the dramatic is matched by their sweetness. Usually by the end of the play date they're both so tired that at least one of them isn't wanting to give hugs or give a proper goodbye-- luckily Carla and I don't think this is a big deal and are usually very excited to know they're so worn out they'll be taking a great nap! But, before fatigue sets in, they are so sweet together. For example, as they were swinging and climbing the ramp to Chloe's clubhouse, this is the conversation that took place:

Nina: Can I have a turn on the swing?
Chloe: Sure, I'll go in the cwubhouse.
Nina: Oh, thank you
Chloe: no pwobwem, I wuv sharing with you
Nina: you're my bestest friend
Chloe: Your bestest?!?
Nina: yeah
Chloe: thanks, that's great!

If only you could have seen their faces and how happy this exchange made them, you probably would've wanted to eat them up too! It took all I had not to jump off the deck and wrap them both up in bear hugs! That's good stuff!:-)

No comments: