Thursday, April 17, 2008

Deep Thoughts... with Pinocchio!

Those of you who know Chloe know that there are some days where she's very talkative and some days where not so much talking goes on-- usually just deep thinking and a lot of drinking (juice that is)! On her "deep thinking" days, I try really hard to pay attention when she does decide to start a conversation because you never know what random piece of information you're going to hear! Yesterday was a deep thinking day and here are just a few of the topics she felt were worthy to discuss(and I thought were pretty funny):
1. On the ride home from school:
Chloe: Mom, ask me who the line leader was today.
me: Who was the line leader?
Chloe: MEEEEE!!!
me: That's great-- how did it go?
Chloe: well, I walked outside and down the hall,and to the bathroom-- and everyone followed-- because I was the leader.
me: I see.
Chloe: It was a good day.

For those that don't know, in Chloe's world, being the line leader is about the best thing that can happen to her at school-- unless it's Donuts for Dads day-- which is next week and she has informed us that her dad is supposed to take chips... for Donuts for Dads day. Who are we to argue?

2. I took her and Emma by Micky's work to see everyone, and the first thing she said to them was: "I'm going to be a mermaid at my church and my baby is going to be baby Jesus." They were a bit surprised by this random piece of news, but apparently she'd been thinking about this the whole way there and explained to us that mermaids were indeed there when Jesus was born. She thinks they should get to be in the church play too. Again, how do you argue with that?

3. Chloe got to go to church with me last night while I practiced handbells. I told her to sit very quietly and eat her snack (Goldfish) while we practiced. That worked for about 4 minutes... then she had to go potty twice in 7 minutes. After the second trip, she did sit quietly and play with stuff in her bookbag. After practice, our music director let Chloe play on the organ for a few minutes. That was a LOUD couple of minutes, but she was rocking the organ out! When they got done-and I got my hearing back- this was our conversation:
me: Did you like playing the organ?
Chloe: I was just showing him how to do it.
me: (trying not to laugh) Really? I think he knows how to play the organ very well sweetie.
Chloe: But he can't dance and play at the same time like me-- so I was showing him how to shake his head and move his shoulders.
me: I'm sure he appreciated that.
Chloe: well, he said thank you so that means he LOVED it!

So, remember if you LOVE something-- be sure to say thank you!

4. For a few weeks now Chloe's had days where she wants to be a boy like her daddy. We usually just play along, but yesterday it got pretty interesting on a trip to the bathroom. She had to go potty and was very quick to say, "I can do it myself mom." So, I let her go. When I walked by the bathroom she had her pants off and was STANDING on her stool in front of the potty. Here's how that went down:
me: Chloe, what are you trying to do?
Chloe: I'm just going to potty mom. Pwease shut the door.
me: Well, you've got to sit down
Chloe: I'm a boy remember, and this is how we potty.
me: Well.... only REAL boys get to potty like that.
Chloe: (almost in tears) but I am a real boy... see-- and she straddled the potty and went.
I about had a heart attack but guess what-- not a drop hit the floor. Apparently girls can stand to potty if the aim is right. Who knew?!? Luckily, 5 minutes later she decided it was more fun being a princess and was a girl again! We definitely have to get Pinocchio for her to watch!

No comments: