Thursday, May 1, 2008

Oh no she dittn! (snap, snap)

Just got back from what I like to call, "Day of Fun with Chloe and Nina"-- Emma got to go too. Nina came over this morning and instead of staying here all day and playing with the same old same old, I took the girls to the Funzone and for a picnic. Most days just one of those trips would be enough, but I've been talking up the Funzone to Chloe for a week or so now, and dang Little Bear had to go and have a picnic on his show yesterday ~ so, picnic it was!
For those of you who don't know, the Funzone is probably one of the coolest places EVER! They have HUGE jump castles, slides, bouncy obstacle courses, and all types of neat bouncy things INSIDE, with AIR CONDITIONING! (that last part is key, seeing how in a couple of weeks it will probably be 110 degrees outside!) Of course the girls had a blast, and Emma was like a bobbing head doll watching them bounce all around. If someone else had been there to watch Emma, you can bet your bottom I would've bounced right along with them-- it looked so fun! They also have a toddler room, that's set-up with dress up clothes, a playhouse, and other fun toys-- which the girls went in when they needed a break from all that bouncing. Well, they were both wearing princess dresses and playing in the playhouse while I sat on a bench feeding Emma. Next thing I know, they're walking past me holding hands and had taken off their dresses headed back to the bounce room. I called them over to see what was up and here's what I heard:

me: "You guys don't want to play in here anymore?"
Chloe: "We were having a tea party and now it's ruined."
me: "Ruined?"
Nina: "Yeah, ruined-- that girl broke the cup."
Chloe: "Yep she sure did, and she wasn't even invited!"
Nina: "Right, so we're leaving now."

So, the girl they were talking about appeared to be about 18 months old, and had no idea she had just crashed the social event tea party of the year! I tried to explain that to them, and I swear to you, they looked at each other and simultaneously said, "KIDS!" -- like I can't believe we used to be that little too! All I can say is the preschool world better watch out for these two divas!

*just so you know, before we left, they both played with the little girl and walked around holding her hand very motherly like-- very sweet :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are 4 going-on-15...and I'm scared. C