Tuesday, May 20, 2008

They do listen

Last night Micky and I took Chloe with us to our softball game (we're playing for our church's co-ed team). On the way home, Micky and I were discussing my apparent lack of speed--shock, shock! And I made the comment that my knees were just dead and gone and I didn't think they'd be coming back, so I should just get used to not being so fast anymore (not that I was ever really a speed demon mind you!). Well, here's what Chloe had to say on the "dead and gone" subject from the backseat:

C: "Jesus died, but he can come back... 'cause he's God's son. And Jesus and God will save the day!"

I think she's got a pretty good understanding of things for a 3 year-old (for any age for that matter). Just goes to show, if you take them and show them, they can learn, and she makes it all sound so simple. I guess it really is.

No comments: