Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bet he's won a lot of 10 foot tall stuffed animals

Let me start by saying that gambling is not something our families take lightly-- we're very serious if we place a wager on something- only it's never for money. Strictly bragging rights. Today we took Emma for her 4 month check-up (I know, I can't believe 4 months already) and we had asked all of our family members to try and guess her weight. Everyone did a pretty good job, except Aunt Wendy who said 20 pounds--she was definitely the furthest off! So, we're at the office and Micky was waiting in the room with Chloe while I took Emma in the hall to be weighed. I actually cringed when I saw the weight-- not because it was too high or anything, it's actually a perfect size-- but because it was exactly what Micky had guessed, 17 pounds 4 ounces. I told the nurse I'd be hearing about this until her next check-up--two whole months. I mean really, who guesses the ounces right?!? INSANITY! You know, fair week is always very slow at the office (who goes to the dentist when you can take out a loan and go to the fair?) so I'm thinking Micky should try to be that guy who guesses your weight. I'm sure he could at least make enough to fill up one of the cars with gas!
Emma's appointment went great! She's still in the 90th percentile for height and 97th for weight-- exactly where she was at her 2 month check-up. She is 25.5" long, and she took her 4 shots like a champ. Although I'm here to tell you that her lip quiver before she cries could break even the most hardened criminals heart. She's just too sweet, and I sure hope the next 2 months don't go as fast as these have. She'll be driving before we know it!
Here she is in what was one of my favorite outfits for Chloe. It's size 3-6 months, so when I put it on her the other day I figured I should take some pics because I don't think she's fitting in it again :-)



I could make a meal outta those cheeks!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

For the record I DID NOT guess that Emma weighed 20 pounds. I guessed that she was around 16 pounds. I believe it was her Aunt Marsha that pinned that one on her. Just wanted to clear my name! :-)