Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Squash.... Check!

When we went to Emma's 4 month check-up last week her pediatrician gave us the go ahead to start baby food. Seeing as how she's wearing some 9month clothes and all-- he figured she might be hungry! She's had rice cereal in her bedtime bottle for weeks, so we knew she wasn't allergic to that. So her first food was SQUASH. I, personally, am not a fan of squash, but her Dad is. She is totally taking after her Dad on this one. Even though she was crazy tired, she went to town on some squash! I couldn't shovel it in fast enough for her. At one point I was holding the spoon in front of her and talking to Micky as he took pictures, and she dove at the spoon. Thank goodness it was one of those soft-tipped ones. I guess I shouldn't dangle food in front of her face-- she was just saying "FEED ME MOM!" Well, she's had squash for 5 nights now so we can check that one off the list. Next up-- CARROTS! Yummy!


We were afraid she would fall asleep mid-bite! But once she realized this was going to her tummy-- she somehow caught a second wind :-)





She's got it figured out now!
E: "What's so hard about this spoon? Give me some steak people!"






No, my thumbs aren't broken. That's just the way they bend!








E: "That's it?!? Wait a minute, I think there's some more on my hands. I'll clean myself up!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.