Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Up all night... sleep all day...

Yeah... if only we could sleep all day too! Over the past two weeks, the oldest person in our house and the youngest person in our house have been averaging about 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep for a total of possibly 6 hours all night. This is worse than newborn sleep-- and my body is beginning to shut down. We're trying some new things, and we'll see how it goes. I know I'm not the first parent to lose tons of sleep-- it's just this is a lot harder the second time around. With the first one it didn't matter so much if we had a few rough nights in a row, I could always try to nap when she did. Not true with the second baby. You have to not only be awake all day with the older kid, you have to be able to not bite their head off for just asking for simple things like a cup of juice or say, breakfast 2 hours late! So right now I'm doing the best I can and I have no doubt we will all get through this just fine and eventually look back on it and laugh at how dramatic I am/was about it.
But anyway~~ On a lighter note, we did just get back from a great vacation with my side of the family! The girls loved the beach, especially our surfer girl Chloe! And it was great to have lots of eager hands to help out with Emma during the day-- and mom was usually so sweet in the morning and would let me and Mick go back to sleep for an hour while she watched Emma! I've got lots of pictures to share from our trip and I'll do my best to get those posted here over the next few days.
Emma's sleeping now, so I better hit the bed myself. She's such a cute baby-- and trust me, when you see that sweet smile in the middle of the night you know there's nothing better than this-- not even sleep! Gotta love her!

Here's a sneak peek at our Beach Bums!


No comments: