Friday, June 13, 2008

Excuse me-- Did you say cornhole?!?

I had no idea that the game I've watched people play while tailgating and hanging out before concerts was called cornhole. And apparently, what I thought were "bean" bags are actually "corn" bags. I'm so glad my cousin Jenn could clear that up for me. Jenn and Jess brought this fun game, as well as ladder golf, to the beach this year. Our backyard was large enough to accommodate these games, and we had almost as much fun playing those as we did surfing at the beach!


Jenn utilizes the side-arm approach










Whereas Micky uses a more traditional follow through







We usually don't go out too much while on vacation. We enjoy just hanging out by the pool at the house, playing cards with the fam, or just sitting around reading books or doing NOTHING. But every year we do go play Putt-Putt-- all 16 of us! When we descend on a Putt-Putt venue, people better watch out. There's usually some sort of wager on the game, but this year we kept it clean. This was Chloe's first year playing, and wouldn't you know, she got a hole in one on every hole. It was quite impressive! Uncle Scott picked the Putt-Putt place this year, and he couldn't have picked a better place for Chloe. The main attraction was a huge pink castle that you actually played a couple of holes in. She was loving it! And she couldn't wait to tell Scott what a "great place" he picked.








Our only other night out, Micky and I took the girls to Broadway for a little ice cream and shopping. Mom and Dad went with us, and we found the David & Goliath store. I fell in love with all the silly shirts, and picked this one up for the girls.














You may have noticed the awesome Snugli I'm carrying Emma in.















My friend, Carla, let me borrow this about a month ago, and Emma has just recently started enjoying riding in it. I love it and it really does provide good back support. Which is important when toting 19 pounds of sweet baby for an hour or so. I've always seen dads using them, but Micky got the job of toting Chloe most of the time-- so I happily took the lighter one for me! Carla hasn't asked for it back so I'm hanging on to it as long as I can, and when Emma outgrows it I'll casually slip it back to her :-) Thanks Carla!

No comments: