Friday, September 14, 2007

I can smell red!

Just thought I'd share Chloe's amazing sensory abilities with everyone! After I picked Chloe up from school today we went and had lunch with Grammy. All through lunch she was singing a song about firetrucks. We couldn't quite make out the words--since she was actually keeping it to a low roar in her restaurant voice! So~ when we got back to the car we asked her to sing her song. It went a little something like this, "R-E-D red, R-E-D red, I can smell red, I can smell red. Firetrucks are red...(we couldn't make out this verse--we think it had something to do with a stop sign)...red, red, red. Red, red, red." (red has been their color at school for the past 2 weeks) Well, of course, we oohed and aahed about what a great song and mom and I jokingly laughed to each other that she just couldn't get the p sound out for spell. Well... we were wrong. She sang the song again and we tried to correct her sounding of the word by saying, "spell--sp,sp,spell". To which she replied, "No, smell--like this," and proceeded to sniff the air to show us how to smell! So, I just thought I'd let you know that we'll be notifying the people at Ripley's Believe it or Not that we have a new breed of genius on our hands that can SMELL colors!

1 comment:

Nonnie said...

Hey Steph:
Had not told you how much I've enjoyed these "blogs" about Chloe, and the rest of the family. You know how illiterate I can be on the computer, but this helps keep in touch. Glad to see you all are having so much fun.
Love, Nonnie