Thursday, September 6, 2007

Here we go......


Well, seeing as how I've been so slack at updating friends/family with our crazy lives, I've decided to start a blog. My good friend, Misty, has one and reading her posts always brings a smile to my face--so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm sure I won't be able to post everyday but I will try to at least a couple of times a week so add us to your Favorites and come check it out. For those of you with kids (God Bless ya!) you'll know that the old cliche is so true--"you blink and a year's gone bye"! Sad--but true! Since I don't keep a journal this will be my attempt to record some of Chloe's more interesting daily habits, thoughts, or just crazy ideas! Come January, I will try to update as much as possible on life with TWO little girls in the house! That's right, for those of you who haven't heard yet, we're having a girl!! Micky and I are very excited-he now says he'll just always have to have a male dog to try to balance out the estrogen (Good Luck!). Chloe took the news differently than we expected--see, since the day we told her we were going to have a baby--she's stated firmly that it's a girl. To tease her, her aunts and uncles (mainly Wendy & Scott) would tell her it's probably a boy and she would look at them very calmly and say," it's a GIIIIIRLLLL y'all!" (y'all is something she's recently started saying whenever she gets the chance!) Anyway, as soon as we showed the video to our parents and told them and Chloe that it is a girl, she changed her tune and said, "nope, it's a boy" Go figure! And she's stuck with it. She apparently told her teacher at school yesterday that it's a boy--something I had to correct at pickup time. Either way, she still seems to love the idea of a baby coming to our house--"in January God will bring us a baby and I can hold him softly and sing to him"--I'm under the impression she thinks God's just going to ring the doorbell in January and hand us this baby. This should be interesting!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute page - Have the baby January 30th cuz thats my birthday! :) Congrats again to you and yours-and when i have a sunday off from work, i will be back in church! see you soon!