Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust

Peter Pan was in my house today... and yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that, and the day-- you get the picture. A week ago Monday, Chloe found the movie Hook at my parents house. You know, the one with Robin Williams as Peter Pan and Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook. Well, she just HAD to borrow that movie and watch it on a loop for 3 days, until finally Micky and I had had enough. In Hook, Captain Hook uses the word hate way too much for our taste, and the overall mood of the movie is just not something we really like her watching-- especially around the clock for days in a row. Mind you she was very quick to say (every time she heard the word) that "It's not nice to hate people. Captain Hook is talking mean again mom." But even knowing that she knows it's wrong still doesn't make me all that happy about it. So, we were able to wean her off of Hook with minimal withdrawal symptoms. Just when she was clean of the pixie dust drug, guess what Grammy brought her?!?













Yep, another Peter Pan movie! But this is one we actually endorse, and other than the fact that I'm sooooo tired of Tink and Peter, it's actually a pretty good flick. I'm not quite sure how long Peter will be visiting with us, but I do know he's being well fed while he's here. Chloe needed refills on all of her snacks today (ice cream, crackers, blueberries, juice, cheese, etc.) because she was having to share them with Peter.

We're heading to Disney World in a few weeks, and besides being pumped that she and "my Nina" are having lunch with the princesses-- she's looking to score some pixie dust while she's there. She's "positive" that they sell it there. Micky and I asked her what she needed it for and here's the answer she gave us in the car the other night,

C: "Well, if I get some pixie dust I can fly up to kitty cat heaven and save Mookie from all the bad kitties." (Mookie was my parents cat that died about 6 months ago and Chloe still mentions him about once a week)

me: "Baby I'm pretty sure all the kitties in Heaven are nice."

C: "No mom, not all of them. And I promised Mookie I would keep him safe."

It was at this time that Micky informed me he had already had this conversation with her at bath time a few nights before and that he had made the same argument as I had and got shot down. We've tried to reassure her that Mookie is happy and playing in Heaven and that she doesn't need to worry. Her response to all of this is,

"He'll feel better when he sees me flying up there to see him."

I can't explain the kind of sweetness she says that with. Makes me want to squeeze her so tight and hold on forever.
I know one thing, if we see Tinkerbell at Disney, whoever's in that costume better watch out-- they just might get tackled by a couple of 4 year-olds looking for some pixie dust!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Without fossil fuel, many companies, business and machines would have a . [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Tote Bags[/url] We are now in agreement with Rome. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose[/url] Omkthefgw
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora bracelets[/url] Vwgnleffy [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose coats[/url] jreujtxiq