Monday, March 10, 2008

Prince Suit

We just finished a very busy week and weekend here! Last Thursday was our 9th wedding anniversary! And since we couldn't figure out what the gift theme was "supposed" to be for 9 years (like paper, silver, or gold) we decided to go with chocolate! Which, to be honest, has worked quite well for us for 9 years running! So, we headed to Mr. Friendly's for dinner and in keeping with tradition, we ordered the most chocolaty (not sure if that's a word!) dessert they had-- chocolate cheesecake. But to just call this chocolate cheesecake doesn't quite do it justice, so I will henceforth refer to it as AMAZING! So amazing, that if you were to ask me what 3 things I would want with me if I were stranded on a deserted island, this AMAZING! now takes the place of the emergency flare I used to include in that list! It has a fudge brownie crust, chocolate cheesecake, and a layer of chocolate ganache on top! YUMMY! I definitely recommend stopping whatever you're doing and going to try this now!
So, now that you're back from trying the AMAZING!, I'll tell you about the weekend!
Micky's birthday was Sunday. To celebrate, we had a few friends over Friday night to break in our new Margaritaville machine and play some Guitar Hero and American Idol on the Wii. I know, it sounds like he was turning 12, not 31-- but we had a blast!! Here's a little arithmetic for you:

Margaritas + Guitar Hero + Margaritas + American Idol + 3 Margaritas=












Yes, that is indeed Micky SINGING Barry Manilow's Copacabana. For those of you who weren't here, let me just say, you missed one heck of a performance-- the boy's got skills! And the other picture is one of my hand involuntarily going into rocker sign "I love you" mode. Apparently anytime I get a little Jose Cuervo in me and start hearing some rock music-- like the Poison song my dear friend Carla was performing, my hand goes straight into this position and stays that way for the duration of the song-- you couldn't pry it open if you tried!! Anyway, we had a great time singing, playing guitar, and just acting silly with our friends!
Micky got to go play golf Saturday, so we gave him one of his presents early-- a new golf bag. The other present we gave him yesterday morning-- a new suit. Which is also kind of a present for me, because let's face it, what lady doesn't love to see her man looking great in a nice suit?!? Well, Chloe was with me when we picked this up and she refers to it as his Prince suit. She thinks we need to get a crown to go with it! When we gave it to him yesterday morning she wanted to put on one of her princess dresses and for him to put on the Prince suit so they could dance around the house! We were able to talk her down from her Princess high and convince her to wait until Dad wears it to church one day, and then they could dance as much as she wanted!! Anyway, I hope Micky had a nice birthday weekend. I know he got plenty of birthday hugs & kisses from his 2 little princesses!











(look closely to see Emma's cute smirk!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let us not forget, Lee's rendition of "Midnight Train To Georgia"...he was so bad, I almost sent him on one! Hahahahahaha:) - C