Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"Mom, do you see this red dancing blob?!?.... It's AWESOME!"

If Emma could talk, that's exactly what I think she would've said when she met Elmo Friday. Chloe had been singing and dancing for Emma while she was chilling in her Bumbo (which is the coolest little seat ever!). After Chloe went through all of her regular songs twice, she started looking around the room for other props. Then she looked at me with that look that says, "I've got a brilliant idea mom". She ran upstairs to her closet and came back down with Hokey Pokey Elmo. When she sat it down in front of Emma, Emma stared at it then Chloe then me, and she repeated that sequence of blank stares until she finally settled on Elmo as if to say, "Do you guys see this red blob too?" .... Then Chloe squeezed his hand! And if I had a decent camera that could take fast pictures, you would've seen the look of complete amazement and joy she exhibited at watching that little red blob do the Hokey Pokey! But since I have the 1999 Sony slower-than-a-snail CyberShot, you'll have to settle for these cute pics. Some are from Friday and some are from yesterday!
(If you click on the picture it will open up larger)


Emma this is Elmo. Elmo, Emma. She didn't take her eyes off of it for a solid 3 minutes--which is like a month in baby time!







Chloe is earning even more points as the coolest big sister ever! Emma is amazed that she can move just like the big red blob!






This thing is mesmerizing. How does he spin on one heel like that?!? I'm thinking so hard I'm drooling-- could I get a bib here or a wipe please?!?







All this dancing is making me tired. Catch ya later big red blob!

2 comments:

Ross Shealy said...

that bottom picture is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

How is that child sitting up already? That's insane! I mean, I know the Bumbos are good things, but they make a 10-week old look like a five-month old! - C