Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow White lingo




Yesterday we stayed home... all day LONG! Which, apparently in Chloe's world is just about the WORST thing I could do to her--- make her stay inside all day with no chance to play outside. According to her I can make it rain, and I'm responsible for the rain that kept us trapped inside! This is how that conversation went:


Chloe: Mom, why did you make it rain so hard?
me: I didn't make it rain, silly, only God can do that, remember?
Chloe: Well, he only makes it rain SOFTLY. You make it rain hard.
me: I see. Well then I guess I should apologize.
Chloe: It'll be ok. Just try to do better next time.
me: thinking you've GOT to be kidding me! and not saying a word, I'm not quite sure how to respond to that sequence of events, but seriously considering a glass of wine at 10am!


On to 2pm, Chloe has spent the last 2 hours dressed up as Snow White,(with me getting to be the Evil Queen and Emma being all 7 of the dwarfs) and watching the movie on a loop! If you'll remember, she was Snow White two Halloweens ago and lucky for us (sarcasm dripping!) the dress still fits. So at about 2, she comes sulking down the steps and I asked Snow White what was wrong, and she responded
--in movie terms only (no drama there!)--
(speaking sadly) "They lived happily ever after" -- which is code for, my movie's over will you please restart it.
I then asked her if she was tired, and again I got a movie term response--"I guess I could eat a delicious red apple and take a rest"-- to which I responded GREAT, let me get the apple!

She really is the cutest, sweetest Snow White I know! But, thank God for a sunny forecast tomorrow!

No comments: