Saturday, October 6, 2007

Sweet old ladies!



Due to the recent break in the heat,(it no longer feels like 103, just 93) I decided it was time to visit the zoo again. This is one of Chloe's favorite places, and it's always good for an hour or two of entertainment. So, we decided to go Thursday and we took one of Chloe's best friends, Iris, with us. We met up with Chloe's other best friend, Nina, and her mom(Carla) and little brother. The zoo, as always, was a hit and the girls had a great time looking at and talking to the animals. There was a moment of disappointment when Chloe realized there were no pumas or baby jaguars, (like on Go!DiegoGo!) but that quickly passed when she remembered they do have penguins at the zoo and she recently saw Diego and Dora rescue a baby penguin!
Watching the girls talk and interact with each other is always a treat and usually proves to be quite comical. The funniest part of the day, for me, was on the car ride to the zoo. Chloe and I picked Iris up, and before I could even back out of the driveway--they were busy comparing boo-boos! Our little nurse Chloe started it off with showing Iris her bandaids on her heels. Keep in mind--there was nothing wrong with her heels, but she has decided that she always need bandaids on them when she wears her Crocs, due to the one blister she had 6 months ago that cleared up in a day!:-) Then Iris had a boo-boo on her knee to point out, and Chloe, not to be outdone, had to point out her "awesome" ant bite on her ankle. They went back and forth like this for a few minutes and I found myself actually laughing out loud. I think if I had closed my eyes I could have easily pictured two sweet old ladies comparing their ailments! My sudden laughter broke their chain of one-upping each other with the boo-boos, and they decided to move onto more important conversation--deciding which DVD they "had" to watch for the 4 minutes we had left before we reached the zoo! (F.Y.I. they decided on "Lady and the Tramp") These 3 girls are some of the funniest (and for their age, smartest) people I know. If you're ever searching for something to make you smile or laugh, I strongly suggest listening to some sweet little ladies' conversations!

No comments: