Thursday, October 18, 2007

Little Slow Today

So~it's only about 3:30pm, but I feel like I could go to bed now and sleep for at least a day. I know a lot of pregnant women get tired easy and all that, but today I actually have a reason--it's name is CHLOE! Now, to be fair I haven't been sleeping that well for a while now--with all the bathroom trips during the night and 3:30 Fudge Round cravings (gotta love Little Debbie!). Last night I was especially tired--I think because I so wisely decided yesterday was a good day to try to play golf again. The weather last week psyched me out--see I thought it might actually stay in the 70's, boy am I dumb! But, hey, my doc said I could play as long as I could swing my clubs and Micky had the afternoon off so I was ready to give it a shot. The temp at our tee time (2pm) was ~86, which on the pregnancy thermometer equals ~190. So it was a little hot, but not unbearable. It took a few swings for me to figure out how to hold everything with my new belly in the way. Putting actually proved to be the most difficult thing, and if Micky's laughter was any indication--it was quite comical to watch. Anyway, by the time we picked Chloe up and made it home my back was already screaming at me and I just wanted to soak in the tub and get into bed. Of course, it was only 7 so Chloe felt we all needed to play together for a couple of hours! Fast forward to bedtime. As some of you know, Chloe has taken to sleeping with just about anything that will fit in her bed--stuffed animals, umbrellas, small (soft) baseball bats, golf clubs--you get the idea. Now, it's about 2:30am and during one my trips to the potty I look at the monitor and there's no Chloe. After a moment of panic I prepare to dart upstairs only to find her sitting on the stairs (about halfway down) surrounded by 4 stuffed animals, a princess bat, and her Dora umbrella. She's just sitting there staring straight ahead, half asleep when she notices me. She explains that she was trying to come down, but kept dropping all her "stuff". She just looked pitiful, so I told her I'd help her and that she could come sleep with mommy and daddy now. BIG mistake. The rest of the night I spent dislodging kids size 9 feet from first my legs, then my back, and even my shoulders. I swear that kid must play Twister in her sleep and when she landed on right hand yellow that was apparently right where my left kidney is located! So~ I'm a little tired today and let me tell you, I look GREAT!!! Do you remember those afternoon specials that used to come on that Tracey Gold seemed to always star in, dealing with life issues (drugs, eating disorders, abuse, etc.)? Well, I look like I could be the ghetto pregnant mom scrounging for food. I'm sure Micky can't wait to get home to see this!!

2 comments:

Ross Shealy said...

Ummm...you came to my house today, and you did NOT look like Tracey Gold. Alan Thicke, at best:)

Ross Shealy said...

Um, that last comment was obviously from my wife.