Friday, November 9, 2007

WOW!

Last night I had the privilege of hearing the Benedict College Gospel Choir perform, and they were amazing! My friend Ellen, who I feel the need to thank yet again, invited me to a women's event at her church, Gateway Baptist in Irmo. First off, that place is HUGE--and they haven't even built the permanent sanctuary yet! The whole event was first class, and it was so nice to have an evening with ladies! There were about 415 women there, seated at some beautifully decorated tables, and there was of course a fabulous meal! Before and after the meal and speaker, there were tables set up in the back selling Bead for Life merchandise. There was some of the most beautiful beaded jewelry, purses, and other accessories I have ever seen. A friend of mine even found some handmade, stuffed safari animals that will go great in her future baby's nursery. The funds raised help support "community development projects in health, education, employment, and housing to the impoverished in Uganda."
After dinner, the Benedict Gospel Choir performed 4 songs-- and I was blown away! There were only 20 of them singing, (4 musicians joined them--1 on drums, 1 on bass guitar, and 2 on keyboards) but when they sang it sounded like a choir of hundreds! They weren't loud, they were just commanding, and the beauty of their voices brought tears to my eyes. If you ever have the opportunity to hear them--don't pass it up! As a matter of fact, some of my friends who were there last night have suggested we try to see their Christmas concert. Count me in!

www.BeadforLife.org

No comments: