Monday, May 18, 2009

Just for...

Let me apologize to my mother and mother-in-law for not updating sooner. I have to place the blame completely on my friend Heath who somehow put FACEBOOK on my iphone, and the time that I used to spend here has been replaced by confirming/adding "friends" on facespace. I have no idea how many "friends" I have (I'm sure someone is keeping count and if there is indeed a competition I'll pick up the pace and start adding everyone I ever shared a fudge round with--millions) but needless to say I have become what I dreaded- an addict. I very rarely comment or add stuff, but love to look at everyone's pictures. Although, I must say some people need to filter a little bit better. I really don't need to see you taking your 10th shot of the night or seriously do I need to know that you went to work, then the grocery store, the gym, then home? But that doesn't stop me from reading it, or at times adding my own silliness to the mix. And that's what I think it is-- silliness. And you know how I love good silly fun! So, while I'd like to say that I'm cooler than that, you know I'm not! Which is why I'm a big addict!
Anyway~ didn't mean to give facespace so much time here, but Susie and Carol have been wondering why I haven't posted about Chloe's preschool graduation! It was last week and it was awesome! They did their singing program first with all of the kids ages 1-5, then the 4 & 5 year olds graduated in cap & gowns! Too cute! I can still remember her first program (18months) when she just stood their staring at this huge crowd with a deer caught in the headlights look. Didn't make a sound, we were just proud she stood up there. And then this year to watch her singing and doing all of the motions and being in the "big" class just makes me wonder how it happened so fast!-- time flies and they change so quickly. Next year she'll be at high school she likes to say (actually elementary!) where she'll have to make new friends, meet new teachers, eat lunch!-- but we know she's ready. She's very excited and ready to get on the "huge" playground. I'm not so sure that I'm ready-- but here it comes! Her teacher sent this poem home on their last day of school and I wanted to share it. I'm not sure who the author is, but I like it very much.

JUST FOR

Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry, and pick you up and take you to the park to play.
Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you teach me how to put that puzzle of yours together.
Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the telephone and keep the computer off, and sit with you in the backyard and blow bubbles.
Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once, not even a tiny grumble when you scream and whine for the ice cream truck and I will buy you one if he comes by.
Just for this afternoon, I won't worry about what you're going to be when you grow up, or second guess every decision I have made where you are concerned.
Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and I won't stand over you trying to fix them.
Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about how you were born and how much I love you.
Just for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub and not get angry.
Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late while we sit on the porch and count the stars.
Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside you for hours, and miss my favorite TV shows.
Just for this evening when I run my fingers through your hair as you pray, I will simply be grateful that GOD has given me the greatest gift ever given.

And when I kiss you good night I will hold you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then, that I will thank GOD for you, and ask Him for nothing, except one more day.........

No comments: