Monday, February 22, 2010

catch up with Emma!

Not sure why it's saying Monday, but I posted this Saturday, Feb. 27 :)

I'm BACK!!- Hope the Poltergeist (not Schwarzenegger) reference didn't scare anyone. I know, I know- I've said it before, but this time I promise to try to keep up! I won't even go in to how crazy things have been around here (crazy in a good way!), but I promised my Mom, Ms. Becky, and a few others that I would do my best to keep this blog updated. They finally got me back on here by saying I was short-changing Emma by not chronicling her cuteness as much as I have Chloe's-- lesson here is that GUILT works!!
So, Emma. Let's see. She turned 2 last month (I'll post about that soon with some awesome pics), but have no doubt, she thinks she's at least 17! She's a lot like her big sister, in that she almost always has a beautiful smile on her face, great attitude, and a loving heart. But it still amazes us how in some ways they can be so different! Most of it has to do with her being the second child (we think). Emma wants to do everything Chloe does, and she wants to do it by HERSELF! Miss Independent really doesn't do it justice- she is hardcore about trying things on her own. In some ways that makes me so excited, but in others it makes me sad. With her being our last, I want her to slow down a bit- and let me baby her a little more. But she'll have none of that! This is why I cherish naptime so! Not because I'm finally going to have a few minutes to myself (although that's nice!), but that's the only time that she sits still long enough for me to rock and hold her-- and get that baby smell that you know I love so much! It's like a drug to me! I fear the day that smell goes away- I may have some serious withdrawal!! Emma is also our resident daredevil. We just recently had to retire the Winnie the Pooh push behind walking toy (you know the one you can scoot around on or stand behind and push) because we found Emma on it at the top of the stairs ready to bobsled down! (we've also had to limit their Olympic watching after we caught both girls trying to do aerial stunts while jumping off of our bed!) Yeah, so I'm kinda fearing the day that she shows up with a Sean White at our door- because he can do the coolest stunts, oh and they have the same color hair!
Emma is doing great! She is a little chatterbox- and everyday we are able to understand more of what she says. One of my favorite sounds (& I'll have to record it and put it on here so you can hear) is Emma calling for Chloe- or Clo-oh as she says it. It is precious- and if you were at Bed, Bath, & Beyond today- or in a 5 mile radius- you may have heard her trying to find Clo-oh. Micky and I just smiled, because we know the day may come when she doesn't care that she hasn't seen her sister in the last 10 seconds! But right now, Clo-oh is her "happy place"- she loves her big sister so much that it can make me cry just watching them together. Also, Emma is a GREAT hugger! She still hugs with wild abandonment- like full body, I just might tackle you if you don't brace yourself kinda hugging! She doesn't care if she messes her hairbow up, or if she has chocolate pudding all over her face! And trust me, I don't mind getting that pudding all over me- because when you get a hug like that from Emma, it's just a soft sighing, melt your heart kind of moment. And besides, I usually have other food all over me anyway, so what's a little pudding?!? And Emma loves Poptarts! In her world a Poptart or PopPop as she calls it is one of two things-- an actual strawberry frosted Poptart or a Nutrigrain bar. The only way to know which one she wants is to show her the wrapper and let her pick! Every morning she picks one of those and promptly sits down at the table (in Chloe's big seat, not her booster! because Chloe's already gone to school and I guess Emma feels like the big kid on campus when she sits in Chloe's seat!) and waits patiently to eat her PopPop and she actually lets me feed her oatmeal. I love breakfast time!!
I don't think I can fully update you on everything new with Emma- but one thing you should be aware of is her HAIR!! I believe some Miracle-Gro must have gotten sprinkled on it, because it has taken off in the past 2 months! We do try to trim it when she's rocking the baby mullet, but I hesitate to cut it short. It's just too cute- and besides, Emma seems the type that might like a baby mullet! She's the most care-free, let's just have a good time in our diaper and boots kind of girl! She seems to like it :) Although it has given us some fits with trying to keep it out of her eyes!!!- you know I can't stand to see a babies hair in her face! Here are a few pics of Emma from the last few months- and you can try to guess which ones I did her hair in, and which ones she and Chloe did it in- have fun!!




No comments: